Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping

We spent this past weekend camping with my sister and her family, and some friends of theirs. It was a nice break to get away and spend two whole days on the lake. School will be starting next week, soccer has started, and we are not ready to say good-bye to summer yet....
Some of you have asked about my new camera. It's the Canon Digital Rebel XSI/EOS. I'm still playing around with it, and figuring out the settings, but so far, I have no complaints, and I LOVE it!! My last two cameras have also been Canon's, so I guess that is the brand I like! When I find something I like, I stick with it.
Here are some pictures from our weekend....
Brooke and Alyssa, cousins....
Addie and Aunt Lisa, studying the bugs on the boat!
Addie and Luke (cousins)
I love this picture!
2 boats and a waverunner made for a fun weekend!
Going for a swim
Making dinner!
Addie and Brooke at sunset.....you wouldn't believe the full moon we watched come up, it was beautiful!
Addie sat in the tube, but we didn't actually pull her behind the boat. Sitting in it was good enough for her!
Soaking up the sun!

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

As always, great pictures! I saw them up on facebook so I had to head on over and check them out here too! Looks like you guys had a great trip. Reminds me of our weekend at Dale Hollow last month.

Thanks again for your sweet words of encouragement this morning on my blog. I actually had a great day (with no tears or worries!). Alex told me today he doesn't want me walking him to his class anymore...good grief, I've only done it twice! Mr. Independant I guess. He even told Christopher he could walk to the hall way with him but he couldn't go down the kindergarten hall to his class. Boy, what's he going to be like when he's 14?

Thanks for thinking of me! Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Becki, What awesome photos, once again. Your trip looks like such fun!

Pam

Gretchen said...

What awesome pictures! Looks like a great time. I love the moon picture!

Michelle R Photography said...

Great pictures! It looks like a fun weekend!

Amy Jo said...

I love seeing Addison's little personality continue to blossom. What a sweetheart! Looks like your families had a GREAT time together! Yay!!!

Joan said...

My family has a rebel too and we love it! I have the canon SD750 and takes great photos and is nice cause it is small!

Karen said...

what great pics of some great moments~ especially like the moon picture and the special effect- looks like you are really having fun with your new camera!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Luke looks like Lisa! He's really growing up! I remember when you had a baby picture of him in college in that Bunny tie! He-he!
You've come a long way, baby! Glad you had some good family bonding! Max would have loved the jet ski! I am bummed that summer is over, too!