Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ok, so I'm getting ready for the day on Friday morning, and Addie comes into my bathroom, cute as can be, and hands me this newspaper page..........

My response...."Sweet girl, you go tell your daddy he'll have to choose - mommy, or a puppy"!

It's actually a joke in our house that whatever Addison asks for, Addison gets. (just ask our older 2 kids!). So they always say if she wanted a puppy, we'd go right out and buy her one, even though they have been asking for years. Russ doesn't really want a puppy, but he does like to joke about it! Pretty funny, eh? (or at least HE thought so!)

5 comments:

Bloggin' Robin said...

I'm with you - no puppies for the Beebe boys either. I know who would end up taking care of it. Trust me, four boys is plenty. Let me know if you buckle under the pressure. Then I'll have to BLOCK your blog from the boys' view!!

Erica said...

Hee, hee...smart girl! It's good to know you have limits, even though she is amazingly cute and naturally persuasive! Watch out for attempts at making a compromise though. The puppy request could easily turn into "well, what about a....??" Before you know it you'll have a cat, a gerbil and a fish tank! Maybe not. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

No puppies here either I'm afraid. After the allergies with a guinea pig, I don't think we'd survive a dog!

With Addison's cuteness, I can see why she gets a lot that she asks for! I bet your older kiddos were surprised by your answer.

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Becki, thanks for the comment on my blog. You are welcome to read it anytime! I do remember you from years ago. Glad to see you are doing well. Good luck with your "local outreach". We can minister to people we meet just doing our daily duties! There are so many lonely and lost people who are just waiting for someone to even speak to them. Amy

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Aww! But dogs are the best!! Says the girl who has never been without big dog(s) since she was 11 months old. ;)I am an extreme dog lover, so I am a bit biased towards Addison's wanting a puppy. :) So cute!!
~Staci